Is Key Largo a Walkable Town?
Are you planning your next vacation to Key Largo, Florida? Do you want to discover a new side of the town by walking around and exploring its beauty? If so, then you are in for a treat! Key Largo is a walkable town that offers a variety of activities and attractions that can be enjoyed on foot.
At Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo, we believe that walking is not only a great way to stay fit and healthy, but it is also an opportunity to discover the hidden gems of Key Largo. Our resort is located on a private beach and offers easy access to nearby attractions and destinations, making it an ideal place to stay for those who want to explore the town on foot.
Why Walk in Key Largo?
Walking is a fantastic way to explore Key Largo. Here are some reasons why:
- Walking allows you to enjoy the scenery at a leisurely pace. You can take in the sights, sounds, and smells of the town, without feeling rushed.
- Walking is a great form of exercise, and it's free! You don't need a gym membership or any special equipment to get your steps in.
- Walking is an eco-friendly way to explore the town. You'll reduce your carbon footprint, and you'll have a chance to connect with nature.
What Can You Do in Key Largo While Walking?
Key Largo offers a variety of activities and attractions that can be enjoyed on foot. Here are some suggestions:
- Shopping: Take a stroll down Key Largo's main street, and you'll find plenty of shops and boutiques that offer unique souvenirs, clothing, and accessories. Some of the best places to shop in Key Largo include Key Largo Fisheries Backyard, Island Visions, and the Rain Barrel Artisan Village.
- Farmer's Markets: Key Largo is home to several farmers' markets, where you can purchase fresh produce, seafood, and other local products. Some of the best farmers' markets in Key Largo include the Key Largo Artisan Market, the Islamorada Farmers' Market, and the Upper Keys Farmers' Market.
- Exercise: Key Largo offers several opportunities for exercise, including hiking trails, bike paths, and outdoor fitness classes. The Florida Keys Overseas Heritage Trail is a popular hiking and biking trail that stretches 106 miles from Key Largo to Key West. The trail is a great way to explore the town's natural beauty while getting a workout in.
- Walking Tours: If you want to learn more about Key Largo's history and culture, consider taking a walking tour. The Key Largo Chamber of Commerce offers a self-guided walking tour that takes you through the town's historic district, where you can learn about the area's architecture and landmarks. You can also take a guided walking tour of John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, where you can learn about the park's wildlife and marine life.
- Hiking: Key Largo offers several hiking trails that allow you to explore the town's natural beauty. Some of the best hiking trails in Key Largo include the Dagny Johnson Key Largo Hammock Botanical State Park, the Crocodile Lake National Wildlife Refuge, and the Everglades National Park.
Stay at Ocean Pointe Suites for a Convenient and Comfortable Experience
If you're planning to explore Key Largo on foot, Ocean Pointe Suites is the perfect place to stay. Our resort offers easy access to nearby attractions and destinations, making it easy for you to explore the town on foot. Plus, our spacious and comfortable suites are the perfect place to relax and recharge after a long day of walking.
Explore Key Largo on Foot with Ocean Pointe Suites
Key Largo is a walkable town with a variety of activities and attractions. Key Largo offers a diverse range of activities, from shopping to exercising to exploring its rich history and culture. And with Ocean Pointe Suites as your home base, you can enjoy a convenient and comfortable vacation experience. Book your stay and discover a new side of Key Largo by walking around and exploring its beauty!