Is Doral Close to Fort Lauderdale?
If you're planning a trip to Provident Doral at the Blue Miami, one question that may come to mind is, "Is Doral close to Fort Lauderdale?" The answer is yes, Doral is close to Fort Lauderdale, but just how close is it? Here's what you need to know about the distance and location of Doral and Fort Lauderdale:
Distance Between Doral and Fort Lauderdale
The distance between Doral and Fort Lauderdale is approximately 30 miles. This means that it takes roughly 35-45 minutes to travel from Doral to Fort Lauderdale, depending on the time of day and traffic conditions.
Getting from Doral to Fort Lauderdale
There are several ways to get from Doral to Fort Lauderdale, including:
- Driving: If you have a car, driving is the easiest and most convenient way to get from Doral to Fort Lauderdale. The drive takes about 35-45 minutes, depending on traffic conditions.
- Public transportation: If you don't have a car, you can take public transportation to get from Doral to Fort Lauderdale. The easiest way to do this is to take Tri-Rail, which is a commuter rail system that runs between Miami and West Palm Beach. You can take the Tri-Rail from Miami Airport Station, which is located in Doral, to Fort Lauderdale Station.
Location of Doral
Doral is a city located in Miami-Dade County, Florida, and is part of the Miami metropolitan area. It is located approximately 12 miles northwest of Miami and is bounded by the Ronald Reagan Turnpike to the east and the Florida Turnpike to the west. Doral is also located close to several other popular South Florida destinations, including:
- Miami Beach: Miami Beach is located approximately 15 miles southeast of Doral and is known for its beautiful beaches, nightlife, and Art Deco architecture.
- Downtown Miami: Downtown Miami is located approximately 12 miles southeast of Doral and is the central business district of Miami. It is home to several major corporations, as well as cultural and entertainment venues.
- Everglades National Park: Everglades National Park is located approximately 30 miles southwest of Doral and is a unique ecosystem home to a variety of wildlife, including alligators, panthers, and manatees.
Doral is a rapidly growing city that has become a popular destination for both business and leisure travelers. Here are a few things to know about Doral:
- History: Doral was incorporated in 2003 and was named after Doris and Alfred Kaskel, who originally purchased the land in the 1950s with the intention of building a golf course community.
- Golf: Doral is known for its world-class golf courses, including the Trump National Doral Miami, which has hosted several PGA Tour events.
- Shopping: Doral is home to several popular shopping destinations, including Miami International Mall and Dolphin Mall.
If you have any questions about Doral or the Provident Doral at the Blue Miami, feel free to contact us. Our team is always happy to help and can provide you with additional information about our hotel and the surrounding area.
While Doral is not directly adjacent to Fort Lauderdale, it is close enough to make it a convenient option for those visiting South Florida. Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, Doral offers easy access to several popular South Florida destinations and is a great place to stay during your trip.